Visitor visa – SC 600


Australia’s Visitor visa program enables individuals to enter the country temporarily for tourism or business visitor purposes. Tourism activities encompass holidays, recreational activities, and visiting family or friends. On the other hand, business visitor activities may involve attending conferences, participating in negotiations, or conducting exploratory business visits.

These visas typically last for 12 months, allowing a stay of up to 3 months. It’s important to note that visitor visas do not grant permission to work, offer services to businesses or organizations, or sell goods or services to the public in Australia (although unpaid volunteer work may be allowed in specific situations).


To be eligible for this visa, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must have a genuine intention to stay temporarily and meet the requirements of one of the eligible streams:

      1. Tourist

      2. Family Sponsored Stream

      3. Business Visitor Stream 

      4. Approved Destination Stream

      5. Frequent Traveller Stream

  • You must possess adequate financial resources to sustain your stay in Australia and fulfill the health and character prerequisites.
Australian Visitor VIsa


You will need to provide the following as evidence to apply for the visa:

  • Submit relevant copy of passport bio page.
  • Include substantial evidence demonstrating that your visit to Australia is temporary, such as proof of financial capacity for your stay and departure.
  • If you have a relative or friend inviting you to visit, include a letter from them specifying their relationship to you, the purpose and duration of your visit, your accommodation arrangements, and, if applicable, proof of their financial support. Outline your plans while in Australia.
  • Provide documentation supporting your intent to return home, such as a letter from your employer confirming your plans to resume work, proof of enrolment in an educational institution in your home country.
  • If you are a parent or step-parent of an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen and seeking a visa longer than 12 months, provide a letter stating your relationship, intention to apply for a longer visa, and evidence of your child’s Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
  • We may request evidence of adequate health insurance coverage.
  • Translate all non-English documents into English.
Here’s how we assist:

Our experienced immigration specialists can assist clients in Australia and overseas in applying for a Visitor visa. We provide comprehensive support in guiding you through the process, preparing your visa applications, managing bridging visas, and ensuring you receive the visa grant.

Need more information or have questions that your seeking answers for?


Our experienced immigration specialists can make all the difference, talk to us about your
matter with ease and let us assist you in navigating to a successful outcome.

Give us a call at +61 3 9125 8872  or Contact Us online.

Start typing and press Enter to search